A few weeks ago I have the opportunity to present an updated State of the Social Casino talk at Casual Connect Tel Aviv.
Casual Connect was hosted in Tel Aviv for the second time and much like the first time around it was a big success. Even more than the year before, lots of high level executives attended and social casino undoubtedly stood out.
Below is my talk and the slides. This, and other relevant social casino lectures will be added to the Social Casino 101 page on my blog where you can get a comprehensive overview of the social casino market.
It’s not often that I open a role in the Playtika Biz Dev team. I am looking to hire a Director of Platform Relationships in San Francisco. If you or someone you know are the rock star I’m looking for please contact me.
DIRECTOR OF PLATFORM RELATIONS
Playtika is looking for an energetic, self-learning, multidisciplinary, hardworking, Director of Platform Relations to join our Business Development team in San Francisco.
The Director of Platform Relations will report directly to the SVP Business Development located in Israel.
This role will require working in a semi self-managed environment which bring with it multiple challenges.
The candidate should be the autonomous type who is able to thrive, succeed, and conquer despite such challenges. The team member will be working from a co-op office space such as WeWork.
- Maintaining, managing, and expanding Playtika’s relations with platforms such as Google, Apple and Facebook
- Developing a deep knowledge of the platforms, their stakeholders and identifying untapped platform related opportunities
- Educating our global teams about current and future platform related opportunities, features, trends, and regulations
- Educating platform stakeholders about our business strategy and needs
- Liaising between platform and studio stakeholders on all platform related matters
- Engineering or Product/Project Management related experience in the mobile or tech industry
- Familiarity of mobile ecosystems
- Familiarity with the games industry is a big plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong PowerPoint & Excel skills
- Fluent or native English
- Strong time management skills with a “get things done” approach
- Ability to work in a cross-departmental environment across multiple time zones
- Willingness to travel 4-8 times a year to Playtika’s headquarters in Israel as well as other global sites
Please submit applications here
A few weeks ago, I attended Casual Connect Amsterdam. This time around I tried to do something new on the stage and rather than giving an updated State of the Social Casino Industry talk, I did a fire side chat with Jeff Grub from Games Beat. We discussed the current and future challenges for the Social Casino market. We discussed topics like: the importance of content in social casino, user acquisition, market makeup, growth drivers, how smaller companies can differentiate themselves, what Playtika does dominate this market, and more. Below is the video. Hope you find it insightful.
For those of you who follow the Social Casino niche you’ll know that Robert our CEO rarely speaks publicly. Though it took me some convincing, I was able to get Robert to speak at Casual Connect Tel Aviv.
Robert is one of the only CEO’s in the games industry that has been able to successfully build a company from the ground up – from two guys with a power-point and a big vision – to a 1200 person company with hundreds of millions of dollars of revenues, 5 hit games, and all this while maintaining a leadership position in a niche with some big and worthy competitors. I recommend the talk below to anyone who is involved in the casual/social games industry and even more so for those who are involved in our niche.
Below is a rare interview with Robert conducted by Venturebeats Dean Takahashi where they discuss Playtika, the social casino market and some of our secret sauce.
To view an up to date market review of the social casino industry click here
Casual Connect Tel Aviv was a big success and I will be writing a specific post about the conference pretty soon. I have gotten several requests to share my presentation from the conference so here it is. Just note that this is a rolling lecture series and is given approx every two quarters. The previous versions of the lecture can be found here on my blog as well.